AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Pivot3, a pioneer and innovator in the development of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI), today announced the availability of Edge Office, a hyperconverged solution for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMB) and remote and branch offices (ROBO). Edge Office consolidates compute and storage components into a single, highly-efficient, flexible and scalable infrastructure that satisfies SMB and ROBO infrastructure needs.
.@Pivot3Inc unveiled a new #hyperconverged solution for SMB and ROBO Environments.
Small business and remote or branch offices of larger organizations commonly rely on just one individual to run all IT services across all locations, including applications, servers, storage, security and data protection. Large companies also need effective remote management capabilities and centralized data protection of their multiple remote and branch offices. Edge Office addresses these needs by delivering the compute, storage and networking in a simple and affordable hyperconverged infrastructure solution that can be managed by a single IT generalist.
With Edge Office, Pivot3 delivers the simplicity and economic advantages of HCI in configurations and services optimized for the performance, budget and scalability requirements of SMB and ROBO environments. Edge Office Packs are pre-configured to include compute, storage, hyperconverged operating software and support that’s sized to power general small-office use cases. Customers can also design their own solution from Pivot3’s range of Edge Office HCI nodes. With Edge Office, SMB and ROBO customers receive the same industry-leading functionality as Pivot3’s enterprise customers, including:
- Enterprise-class storage: The storage capacity from each node is aggregated into a shared pool for better performance and utilization that’s available to every VM in the cluster.
- Maximum resource utilization: The Pivot3 vSTAC operating system is highly efficient, consuming under 10 percent of system resources and providing more resources for improved application performance.
- Advanced fault tolerance: Pivot3’s patented erasure coding protects applications from disk and/or node failure scenarios, with favorable capacity utilization.
- Powerful, industry-leading virtualization: Edge Office is based on the proven VMware ESXi hypervisor with management through the familiar vCenter Server interface and seamless integration with VMware or VMware eco-system management solutions.
- Data protection and disaster recovery: The product is validated and compatible with leading data protection and recovery solutions including Veeam, Zerto, VMware and CommVault.
- Award-winning support: Edge Office packs include premium three-year hardware and software support and subscription service.
“Edge Office brings Pivot3’s industry-leading performance, resiliency and efficiency to SMB and ROBO environments,” said Ben Bolles, vice president of product management at Pivot3. “Edge Office is simple and affordable, and will support the next wave of HCI adoption as organizations of all sizes come to experience Pivot3’s simple and scalable solutions.”
“Typical SMB and ROBO environments need the many benefits of hyperconvergence, but have lacked affordable, easy-to-manage options in the past,” said Joshua Lande, senior account manager at Maureen Data Systems. “Pivot3’s Edge Office brings a new degree of simplicity and flexibility to these customers, but with the same powerful technology used to support the mission-critical applications of large enterprise deployments. This is unique in the market, and gives us a truly differentiated hyperconverged offering we can provide our customers.”
Edge Office is available in modular hyperconverged nodes, each ranging from 1.6TB to 6.4TB of raw storage capacity. The nodes are used to create clusters that are capable of scaling to over 38TB of raw capacity available to all the VMs and applications on the cluster. Edge Office is also available in pre-configured, easy-to-deploy, promotionally priced starter packs sized to support specific use cases. Edge Office is currently available through Pivot3’s extensive network of channel partners. For more information, download the Edge Office or vSTAC Starter Packs data sheets or visit www.pivot3.com/product/edge-office.
Pivot3 is the world’s leading provider of dynamic hyperconverged solutions. Pivot3’s patented solutions dramatically improve data center simplicity and economics by increasing scale-out performance, driving down complexity and cost, saving an extraordinary amount of disk and physical space and ensuring fault tolerance. With Pivot3’s unique Quality of Service and Virtualization Management capabilities, customers are able to prioritize data and application performance based on business value. Today, Pivot3 has more than 2,000 customers around the world deploying more than 16,000 hyperconverged infrastructures in multiple industries such as video surveillance, healthcare, government, transportation, entertainment, education, gaming and retail. The company has won numerous awards and was most recently featured by CRN in their top 50 Virtualization list. To learn more about Pivot3, visit http://www.pivot3.com.