AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Pivot3, a pioneer and innovator in the development of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) solutions, today announced that its vSTAC OS software has successfully achieved Cisco compatibility certification with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). The Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to bring together people, processes, data and things to enhance the relevancy of network connections. As a member of the Cisco® Solution Partner Program, Pivot3 is able to quickly create and deploy solutions to enhance the capabilities, performance and management of the network to capture value in the IoE.
“Pivot3’s unique architecture brings to Cisco customers a highly-available, resilient, on-demand infrastructure that lays a foundation for the software-defined enterprise”
Cisco’s partnership with Pivot3 enables seamless implementation of Pivot3’s patented global hyper-converged platform, on Cisco UCS to simplify complex IT environments and reduce risk and cost in the datacenter. Key advantages of Pivot3 include:
- Up to 94% of total installed disk capacity available for storage.
- High availability of up to 99.9999% through industry-leading, five-drive fault tolerance with no data loss.
- Extremely low compute overhead, which frees up processing power for foreground applications, thereby increasing the density of virtual machines.
- Lower cost and complexity through pooled storage, compute and network resources in a shared infrastructure managed from a single, easy-to-master console.
“Pivot3’s unique architecture brings to Cisco customers a highly-available, resilient, on-demand infrastructure that lays a foundation for the software-defined enterprise,” says Ahmad Chamseddine, COO at Pivot3. “Now, organizations can turn to Cisco and Pivot3 to seamlessly unite storage, server and network resources into one shared infrastructure, ensuring linear scalability and inherently increasing the value derived from investments in computing resources.”
The Cisco Solution Partner Program, part of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem, unites Cisco with third-party independent hardware and software vendors to deliver integrated solutions to joint customers. As a Solution Partner, Pivot3 offers a complementary product offering and has started to collaborate with Cisco to meet the needs of joint customers. For more information on Pivot3, go to:https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/companies/pivot3.
Pivot3 provides patented global hyper-convergence technology that dramatically increases scale-out performance, drives down complexity and cost, saves an extraordinary amount of disk and physical space and ensures fault tolerance. Today, Pivot3 has more than 1,600 customers around the world deploying more than 16,000 globally hyper-converged infrastructures in multiple industries such as video surveillance, healthcare, government, transportation, entertainment, education, gaming and retail. The company has won numerous awards and was most recently featured by CRN in their top 50 Virtualization list. To learn more about Pivot3, visit http://www.pivot3.com.
* Compatibility certification via Interoperability Verification Testing and Cisco Validated Design is designed to simulate typical customer configurations and does not replace the need for on-site testing and interoperability validation in conjunction with actual implementation.
Allison Francis, 972-235-3439