AUSTIN, Texas, March 28, 2017 — Pivot3, the technology leader of hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, today announced enhancements to its surveillance series that provide customers with additional flexibility in how to apply hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) in security and video surveillance applications. The investments in the company’s core technology platforms allow customers to take HCI beyond traditional use cases, such as video storage, and expand capabilities through the layering of other security, IT and business systems.
The demand for video surveillance is increasing as risks evolve and organizations elevate the value of video data, leveraging it for uses beyond traditional security and safety applications. As a leader in video surveillance storage solutions, Pivot3 continues to apply the latest innovations in IT and data center technology specifically for video surveillance applications, allowing users to better capture, store and protect data. Investment in significant upgrades to the Pivot3 hyperconverged platform ensures enhanced performance, scale and resiliency amid a growing demand for flexibility to combine mixed workloads onto a single platform.
“Pivot3 HCI solutions are a core component of our video surveillance strategy because they protect our video investment, ensure system uptime, and reduce risk by eliminating system downtime and data loss,” said Philip Lisk, chief information officer, Bergen County Sheriff’s Office. “Pivot3 has exceeded our expectations with its innovation and support, along with its unique architecture that has simplified management and scalability.”
Over the past year, significant enhancements have added to the Pivot3 surveillance series including:
- Multi-application capability that consolidates video recorders and other application workloads such as access control, visitor management and video analytics on the Pivot3 platform. The ability to run multiple workloads on the same hyperconverged system allows for reduced complexity, increased flexibility and simplified management.
- The addition of Broadwell CPU platforms to support increasingly performance-intensive applications, as well as multi-petabyte storage solutions.
- Performance is the single most important aspect of delivering high-quality video. The newest version of Pivot3 software is optimized to improve performance and ingest rate by as much as 50 percent.
- The Pivot3 Virtual Security Server, a unique solution for mobilizing fully functional client workstations in a secure, bandwidth-efficient manner, now incorporates NVIDIA M60 and M10 GPUs for stronger video decode performance and higher camera density. The platform has been further enhanced with the addition of VMWare Horizon View 7, which provides users secure access to virtual desktops and applications in a single digital workspace.
- Broader platform offerings with the qualification of the Lenovo System x3650 2U rack server.
- Edge Office, a HCI solution optimized for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMB) and remote and branch offices (ROBO), helps companies consolidate security along with other applications by delivering compute, storage and networking into a simple and affordable HCI solution.
“We have been a leader in the surveillance market for nearly a decade and we continue to invest in innovative technology and focus on our commitment to solve our customers’ most complex business problems,” said Brandon Reich, general manager, surveillance, Pivot3. “The expertise and recognition we have built in IT helps us deliver hyperconverged platforms that bring a wide range of benefits to surveillance workloads. Customers are beginning to experience the simplicity and cost efficiency of this approach, and we are well positioned to help them further evolve their security infrastructures.”
Pivot3’s investments in its surveillance solutions follows a strong year in which the company experienced an 84-percent increase in total revenue over 2015 – including a more than 200-percent increase in Q4 2016 from Q4 2015 – and significant deals secured across federal, healthcare and education customers.
To learn why customers in 53 countries rely on Pivot3 to protect their data, visit the company at the upcoming ISC West Conference and Expo in Las Vegas at booth #30087. Email us to set up a meeting.
@Pivot3inc expands investment in #HCI solutions to drive flexibility for #security and #surveillance customers.
Pivot3 improves the simplicity and economics of the enterprise datacenter with industry-leading hyperconverged infrastructure technology. By collapsing storage, compute and networking on industry standard hardware, Pivot3 provides a software-defined solution that enables customers to scale to massive storage capacity and gain twice the performance of competing solutions, all at drastically reduced infrastructure requirements. Pivot3 has over 2,200 customers around the world and has deployed more than 16,000 hyperconverged infrastructures in multiple industries such as healthcare, government, transportation, security, entertainment, education, gaming and retail. Recently named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI), Q3 2016 and a Visionary in Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems, Pivot3 provides smarter infrastructure solutions for the modern data center. To learn more, visit www.pivot3.com or follow us on Twitter @Pivot3Inc.
Rhianna Daniels Hile