AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Pivot3, the technology leader of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solutions for the software-defined data center, continued to experience record growth and momentum in Q3 2016. Notable achievements include increased revenue, continued customer expansion into multiple mixed workloads, recognition as a leader by major industry analyst firms and the addition of a seasoned executive to lead the Pivot3 sales organization.
.@pivot3inc continues record growth in Q3 2016
“Hyperconverged infrastructure is one of the hottest technology sectors today, and Pivot3’s efficient and scalable platform is one of the reasons they are emerging as a key player in this space,” said Henry Baltazar, research director of storage at 451 Research. “Pivot3’s scale-out architecture with dynamic QoS can provide the increased resource utilization and high availability required for demanding environments.”
Pivot3 achieved the following growth and key accomplishments in Q3 2016:
- Increased revenue growth by 105 percent over the same period in Q3 2015, with 67 percent of revenue coming from new customers.
- Continued growth across multiple HCI use cases, including enterprise application hosting, data center consolidation, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and business continuity and disaster recovery, with these categories representing 70 percent of new deals closed in Q3.
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI), Q3 2016. Pivot3 received the highest scores possible for high availability and data protection, manageability and ease of operations, and client feedback on support quality.
- Named a Visionary in the October 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems, for ability to execute and completeness of vision.
- Accelerated the Pivot3 Channel Partner Program, bringing increased revenue with 200 percent more deal registrations over the same period in Q3 2015.
- Announced the availability of Edge Office, a new HCI product for small-to-midsized business and remote and branch office environments that delivers the same simple management and distributed scale-out architecture valued and depended on by Pivot3’s enterprise customers.
- Added new policy-driven data protection capabilities to Pivot3’s patented storage Quality of Service feature.
- Achieved compatibility certification on the Cisco UCS and UCS Mini computing platforms.
“Pivot3’s platform can support multiple use cases and applications on its infrastructure, in addition to its remarkable scale and efficiencies around storage performance and data protection,” said Scot Tymowicz, desktop configuration engineer at Southern New Hampshire Health System. “Pivot3 was the only solution that provided the level of performance and scalability to deliver the continuous, uninterrupted service that’s critical to our business.”
New Sales Leader
To maintain and accelerate growth, Pivot3 recently appointed Jamie Lerner as Chief Revenue Officer. Lerner is a seasoned executive with more than two decades of experience developing innovative technology portfolios and leading large, high-growth organizations. With deep experience in cloud computing and data center technology, Lerner has a diverse, well-rounded background and a wide range of senior leadership experience, including roles as general manager and SVP for Cisco’s Cloud and Systems Management Technology group, president of Seagate’s Cloud Systems Solutions, and founder and CEO of CITTIO, Inc.
“Pivot3 has the leading HCI technology with its scalability and robust, flexible architecture, so it’s no surprise that this has brought unprecedented growth,” said Lerner. “Pivot3 is smart and fiscally responsible, and delivers solutions that work as advertised. It’s an exciting time to join this world-class team, and I’m thrilled to bring my experience to the table as the company matures and we accelerate our growth.”
“Jamie has an impressive and diverse background as an engineer, startup founder, CEO and senior executive at leading public companies. He’ll be a valuable asset to the organization and our future success,” said Ron Nash, CEO of Pivot3. “In Q3 2016, our team demonstrated the qualities we need to win – innovation, teamwork, competitive wins and a relentless drive for success. These values are embedded in our culture, which blends well with Jamie’s experience and approach. We have a smart team focused on delivering the best technology that brings real value to customers, and adding new leaders like Jamie will help shepherd the company to new record growth and long-term success.”
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Pivot3 is the world’s leading provider of dynamic hyperconverged solutions. Pivot3’s patented solutions dramatically improve data center simplicity and economics by increasing scale-out performance, driving down complexity and cost, saving an extraordinary amount of disk and physical space and ensuring fault tolerance. With Pivot3’s unique capabilities, customers are able to prioritize data and application performance based on business value. Today, Pivot3 has more than 2,000 customers around the world deploying more than 16,000 hyperconverged infrastructures in multiple industries such as healthcare, government, transportation, security, entertainment, education, gaming and retail. The company has won numerous awards and was most recently featured by CRN in their top 50 Virtualization list. To learn more about Pivot3, visit http://www.pivot3.com.
Liz Cies, 972-850-5855