Enhance the desktop user experience with graphics acceleration options from Pivot3, Teradici and NVIDIA. Deliver a streamlined user experience by maximizing graphics operations and display times. Ensure a successful VMware Horizon Suite POC and deployment by enabling powerful performance and graphics for the maximum number of concurrent users, including Power Users with advanced multimedia or workstation needs who require maximum density for graphics-intensive applications.
Who needs graphics acceleration?
What does graphics acceleration do for VDI users?
Graphics acceleration enhances the desktop user experience by improving the speed of rendering and quality of the graphics. Ensure a successful POC and deployment of VMware Horizon Suite or turn a failed POC into a success by improving the user experience.
- The Power User: uses visual data such as 3D images and 2D graphics. The Power User can be found in Healthcare, Government, Education and Manufacturing industries using software including SolidWorks View, PTC Creo View and View Express, Siemens NX Viewer, Team Center Visualization, Manufacturing Product Lifecycle applications, Adobe Imaging applications, medical imaging applications, Microsoft Office PowerPoint Authoring, Video editing applications.
- The Knowledge Worker: an office worker who uses Office applications, email, video conferencing and rich media internet applications. Knowledge workers are found in Financial Services, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications, Government, Education, and Technology industries. Software used includes Microsoft Office with Power Point, Microsoft Aero, Adobe Photoshop, Google Earth.
- The Task Worker: a call center or reservations attendant who may require video training sessions. Task workers are found across industries and use YouTube, Windows Media Player, Quick Time.
The Pivot3 Solutions
Pivot3 offers 3 graphics acceleration options, which can be installed in the field on existing vSTAC R2 and R2S arrays or installed in new vSTAC R2S appliances. This flexibility means that you can turn around a failing POC, improve an existing deployment or ensure a successful POC and deployment.
- Tera: Software-based graphics rendering with a Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator to enhance VMware Horizon View performance by ensuring a consistent remote user experience.
- K1: Hardware GPU virtualization to provide Power User PC-like performance and graphics experience for the maximum number of concurrent users. This option includes a passively cooled NVIDIA GRID K1 with four NVIDIA Kepler architecture-based GPUs and 16GB of memory. Add a Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator to extend the full GPU experience to remote users.
- K2: Hardware GPU virtualization to deliver maximum performance for users of graphics-intensive applications. This version includes an active-cooled NVIDIA GRID K2 with two higher-end Kepler GPUs and 8GB of memory and an upgraded 1100W power supply. Add a Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator to increase up to 80% frames per seconds delivered to the endpoint for best remote user experience.